My experience like student Erasmus I believe that it has been very positive, since from her I have learned very much so much professionally, personally and also in the area of the studies and culture.
I have to say that in a beginning I was feeling very awkward to be able to speak in English, and even more to be able to say something related to the courses or some academic topic, since if already it turns out difficult to know that to say in Spanish, in English it increases the difficulty since you have to think what to say, and then how to say it in English.
But I believe that now, that I go four months, I have improved something more my English, my capacity of communication and of relation with the persons. This owes to that both in my practices and in my different courses, I had to relate to new people at all time; in the courses for example every time it had them with different people, and had to do exercises in group with them, with which it was necessary to relate. Then in the practices always there were activities with different women and every day the number of participants was increasing with what there were more people to know. In both sites I have had to speak English, and the capacity of scout I believe that I have developed it enough, and that of the language also, because I have had to fight them to be able to say what really it wanted to say.
Also other times I have met a bit saturated, because I had to go three days a week to IVCA, and do eight daily hours, with which when I was coming to house already the half of the day had consumed it and in addition I was tired, but I had to do some exercises for the courses and the majority of the day I was working. But I believe that finally more or less I have could defend.
Regarding the adjustment to a new site, a new culture, a new way of working etc. I believe that I have could adapt well. From a beginning I had problems with the language, but since before I have said, now already it is not a problem. In Spain the schedules of practices and the year to do them is different; the schedule is from nine of the morning to one of the midday, and the practices are done last year, without reflections, only a field diary is done writing, with which it supposed another difficulty for me because it could not do reflections, but I have been trying it.
The different meetings that I have been having along my practices have served me to clarify my role of social worker as well as to be defining my own profile and realize the things that I must improve and that I must avoid. All the questions and reflections after every session were making me think what it was doing and of how it had to develop it in a future. The positive side is that of all the mistakes is learned, and that next year when it should have to realize my practices in Spain, I am going to have slightly more of experience that all my other companions, and I am going to know how I must act, the details with which I have to have care, I am going to have clearer my role and the paper that I recover inside the organization at which it is employed, since I must act etc.
I have felt very well studying in Antwerp, I have known many new people, new ways of seeing the things, new cultures, a different way of focusing the problems, of working. The experience will be unforgettable, and it would recommend to him to the whole world to be able to study out to feel what I have felt. In addition, here in Antwerp and in the university the whole world has been very agreeable with me, comprehensive, good etc. And I do not have any complaint as for the treatment that they have given me, in fact, if it had the opportunity it would repeat.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario